Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing 11: Tagging

I love Del.icio.us! I've just solved the problem of how to access my bookmarks when I'm at school. I think I'm going to use this tool a lot to organize my own finds. It will help to eliminate that nagging feeling of remorse tinged with deja vu - knowing that I found a really cool website on that topic at one time but now can't remember what it was called or how to return to it. I really like the mutability of tagging; if I find another tag to be more useful in the future I can add it. And being able to add more than one tag for multifaceted sites is great. I was really impressed with how the Seldovia and Menasha libraries have used this tool to organize sites for their clients. What a simple way to create pathfinders for Internet resources.

No comments: