Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr.

CSC library Austen display
CSC library Austen display,
originally uploaded by rmourningdove.
Here's one of my photos from the library at the College of St. Catherine. The display was created by undergraduate student workers to promote the works of Jane Austen alongside the TPT broadcast of the movie versions of her works.

It actually took longer for me to take the photographs than to set up the Flickr account, upload, label and tag them.

Flickr is incredibly easy to use, especially since I already had a Yahoo account. I think Flickr would be a really useful tool to chronicle a library's book/video displays, and to share them with remote users. It could also be used to keep a visual record of events: author talks, book groups, storytime, etc. I'm looking forward to using it to share personal photos with friends.

No comments: