Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 23: Final Evaluation

Overall, I'm extremely pleased to be finishing this project and grateful for the chance to learn about Web and Library 2.0 via 23 Things on a Stick. Having to complete the things forced me to check out some applications that I may have avoided on my own which turned out to be worthwhile experiments - facebook, PuzzlePirates, and online image generators. I'm still not a very skilled gamer and have very few online friends but I now understand a bit of the appeal of these apps. I've totally incorporated at least two of the things - RSS feeds and instant messaging- into my daily routine. I think the habits of independent learning and life long learning are important habits for me to incorporate into my personal and professional life. I can't wait to check out more of the Minitex webinars, to subscribe to the RSS feed of Midmorning podcasts, and to explore some of the blogs mentioned in thing 22. On the down side, I've been disappointed at the lack of real connection I've felt with other Thing participants, despite Ning and the instructions to check out and comment on others' blogs. I found it hard to keep up with my own learning without having to check in with others I didn't know. Although when I did so I learned from their discoveries and mistakes. I would definitely participate in a similar online, independent learning experience in future and would endeavor to be more extroverted and participatory.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congratulations on finishing all 23 things. Sounds like you learned a lot!

Thanks for the suggestions. We do need to figure out how to make the connections happen--ideas?

Watch for more on a stick in fall or winter.